Children and young people thrive where their communities and cultures are respected and nurtured.
Who We Are
Partners for Educational Reform and Student Success (PERSS) are a team of Educated, Successful, and Skilled Professionals that envision school partnerships becoming transformative and allows all children and young people to thrive in environments where their communities and cultures are respected and nurtured.
We as a collective group, advocate, and strive for a world in which every child and young adult attains the right to survival, protection, and participation in the educational process.
- Preservation of Heritage
- Preservation of Culture
- Preservation of Language
- Preservation of History
- Preservation of Family
What we do
Our partners work with PERSS to provide
- Network of community service
- Career guidance/planning
- After school enrichment
- Family counseling
- Family Night
- Government groups – County, City, State levels
- Businesses & Industry
- External Stakeholders – Nonprofit, Higher Education, Local and State Government, Business and Health, Technology
These partnerships along with our mission lead to equality of educational opportunity for our children.
goals and activities
- Development of strong partnerships
- Developing professional development workshops for teachers and staff to reduce punitive and exclusionary discipline practices and reduced disproportionality in student outcomes.
- We work with the teachers and staff to provide all children with a safe, nurturing environment that supports their social, emotional, and academic development.
We serve disadvantaged children and youth
- African American
- African Immigrant children
- Other disadvantaged children and youth
PERSS, together with our partners, serve
- Leschi Elementary
- John Muir Elementary
- Orca Middle School
How PERSS Benefits the Community
- Supporting community and business-centered solutions
- Supporting transformative systematic change
- Furthering racial equality and strengthen networks
- Being grounded in the beliefs and values of the communities we represent.
- Building capacities among school staff, teachers, administrators, families, and community partners.
PERSS commitment to equity in education focuses on the whole child/young adult and their overall well-being by connecting to the cultures and the richness of communities.
Key Focus Areas
- Race, Equity, and Social Justice Training
- Identity Development
- Partnership Development
- Classroom Teaching and Learning
- Trauma Informed and Restorative Practices
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Development of Learning Communities
- Social Emotional Development
- Professional Development